- Join a publicly listed leading global agribusiness poised for further growth
- Customer facing commodity Sales & Marketing role in Pulse industry
- Suits someone well connected with Domestic and Export Pulse trade
Queensland Cotton (QC) is part of Olam Agri and our purpose is to Proudly transform Food, Feed and Fibre, for a more sustainable future. QC has been supporting Australian agriculture for 100 years and operates in multiple products including cotton, cottonseed, chickpeas and mung beans. Our Olam Agri colleagues across 30 plus countries, handle dozens of other commodities too.
It's been over 10 years since this role has been available. If you have experience in commodity sales and marketing (ideally in the Pulse trade) and you have the desire to help grow a business as well as your career, we'd love to hear from you.
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Trade flows - leverage existing and build new connections in the pulse trade with customers, competitors, brokers and agents, particularly across India Sub-continent.
- Pricing - share market insights with the rest of the team and actively contribute to trading strategy and pricing decisions, and disseminate pricing to customers
- Sales - coordinate with Olam Agri sales channels, brokers, agents, customers to sell product within agreed boundary conditions to meet or exceed targets
- Trade execution - execute physical sales and by extension hedge risk, input trades into SAP and be the important interface between the customer and the shipping team, along with the operations team.
- Manage risk - manage counterparty risk, manage to credit limits, risk limits and letters of credit
- FX Management - execute, enter and manage FX exposures
- Position management - maintain market-to-market tracking and reporting
Who we seek
In an ideal world, you're an experienced Pulse sales person with existing connections into the sub-continent and domestic trade and you're accustomed to communicating with customers via social media and virtual channels. You understand commodity and currency pricing directions and desire to be a Trader or Trading Manager. Alternatively you have been selling other agricultural commodities and have transferable skills.
You will most certainly be passionate, hard working, able to synthesize information from different sources to form a view of the market and pride yourself on operational excellence. Your problem solving skills and attention to detail are crucial to this role and a solid understanding of SAP will be highly regarded.
Why you'll find this job rewarding
- Perfect opportunity to leverage existing Pulse knowledge, key trade connections, and ownership mindset to realise your career ambitions with an entrepreneurial-at-heart global agribusiness.
- There's a buzz in the air as we work together to prepare to grow business - in Cotton, in Pulses and beyond.
- We're a friendly, close knit team who help each other to deliver the results needed.
Why you'll like working for Olam Agri / Queensland Cotton
- Onsite car park at our Brisbane Newstead office, or work from Darling Downs
- Flexibility to work from home for up to two days a week
- A friendly, culturally diverse, and highly experienced team
- Regular conversations to support your development and growth
- Onsite gym and fun social events including fortnightly drinks in the courtyard
It’s time to apply!
If this opportunity speaks to you, apply now! You’ll be asked to share some details and answer some screening questions to help us with screening.
Only Australian based employees with full work rights need apply.
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to apply online.