Looking for a new challenge? Like autonomy and thrive on developing new business?
Queensland Cotton (owned by Olam) has been an integral part of the Australian cotton industry landscape for decades!
We have a 12 month maternity cover position available in the Northern Downs region to build our reputation as a leading supply chain manager and increase market share.
What does this role involve?
This procurement role will see you out on the road visiting growers, providing assistance to growers to market their cotton. You will accumulate business, manage contracts, provide a high level of customer service, and manage administrative processes around grower marketing, ginning contracts and logistics. No two days will ever be the same!
What makes a Cotton Marketing Services Officer successful?
- Cotton experience is preferred but not essential. With a great depth of internal cotton expertise we can train and support you with product knowledge.
- Importantly you should be accustomed to talking with rural growers, have strong interpersonal skills and have had some business development and sales experience
- You must be mature-minded, professional and self-motivated to represent the business in the region - this role will be the only person physically located in the area.
- Key to your success will be the ability for you to become a fully-fledged member of the local community and the confidence to develop the Queensland Cotton and Olam commercial brands in the region.
- Agribusiness qualifications are advantageous but what is critical is a passion and commitment for Australian agriculture and the drive to deliver exceptional service and maintain lasting grower relationships.
- Strong administration and time management skills are also critical as you will manage your own daily schedule, contracts and client relationships. Your outstanding interpersonal skills and the ownership to go the extra mile will see you excel.
Is there Opportunity to make a difference?
The role offers challenge, freedom to manage your time and support from a professional team. Our workplace culture is built on successful people, working as one company toward a common goal.
Are you highly motivated, tenacious and enjoy a challenge? If you want to feel pride about the work you do, and to have a significant impact on the cotton business, send through your application today.
The salary package includes a fully maintained company vehicle, laptop and iPhone.
Olam is a global leader in the supply chain management of agricultural products and food ingredients with 47 different products across 16 product platforms in 70 countries. Within Australia we cut across several commodity areas including Edible Nuts, Cotton, Pulses and Dairy.
Only Australian based employees with full work rights need apply.
You must be confident of passing our pre-employment medical / drug screen as we have a zero tolerance policy to drugs.
Applications close 5pm Friday 13 October 2017.